Apply now for the incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice!
Applications for the increased incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice are now open.
Reminder to employers - please don't miss out on applying for your incentive payments for for apprentices who joined organisations from 1 April 2021:
Employers with apprentices who have an employment start date between 1 April 2021 and 30 September 2021 and who also have a practical period (training) start date between 1 April 2021 and 30 November 2021 may be eligible for an incentive payment. Employers will receive £3,000 for new apprentices of any age. Employers must apply for these apprentices by the end of 30 November 2021. Employers can visit this guidance page for more details. In addition to existing apprentices, any new hires employers make between now and 30 September 2021 may also be eligible for an incentive payment.
How to Apply:
Employers can apply for the incentive payment through the 'Finances' section in their apprenticeship service account. For a walk-through of the process, employers can watch this support video.
Reminder: steps to take before employers can apply
There are 6 steps employers need to have completed before they apply for an incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice:
- You need to have registered an account on the apprenticeship service.
- If you do not pay the apprenticeship levy, you need to have reserved funds in their apprenticeship service account. Or speak to us here at Stepping Stones about a levy transfer!
- You need to have recruited an apprentice. Speak to us here at Stepping Stones about our FREE recruitment service.
- You need to have added you apprentice to their apprenticeship service account.
- You need to have agreed a start date for apprenticeship training to begin with their training provider.
- You need to have accepted the latest version of the ESFA employer agreement.
If employers require support with any of these steps, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.