This vacancy is for Heathfield House part of the Archangel Care Group, they are based in Blythe Bridge.Founded in 2005, Archangel Enterprises Ltd began with a single, locally based residential unit for adults with learning disabilities. It has subsequently grown year on year and now holds three residential units across Stoke on Trent, Cannock and Nottingham, has supported living accommodation in Cheshire and Domiciliary Care Agencies in Cheshire, Staffordshire, Birmingham & Nottinghamshire.
- Prepare the daily needs of the service user, such as food and laundry.
- Assisting in all personal care needs of the service user.
- Cleaning all the surrounding of the service user and communal areas.
- Help the service user into achieving a meaningful life style and daily living skills.
- Create an accurate record of all service users’ actions in order to prepare and prevent the clients demanding behaviours.
- Assisting the client on their daily activities is one of the basic responsibilities of a support worker.
- Maintaining proper supervision to client’s medical condition.
- To follow all support plans and risk assessments.
- To offer advice, support and give encouragement to service users.
- Promote a lifestyle that supports the service user’s needs and is in line with the responsibility and limitations of service users.
- Under take working arrangements according to preferences of the service users.
- Attending required training sessions for their annual appraisal.
- Undertake the appropriate duties deemed by the client.
- Responsible in limiting the actions of their client an order to correct improper actions.
- Participate in departmental and develop career assessment.
- Properly participate and contribute on communicating with the client’s family.
- Assist their clients in attending their doctor, dentist and other specialists.
- If home manager is not on duty then support workers to report concerns to the SHIFT TEAM LEADER.
- Support workers to respect the SHIFT TEAM LEADER when on duty.
- Respect for the client and their families
- A friendly approach and the ability to put clients at ease, whatever their physical or social needs
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The ability to think quickly and solve problems as they arrive
- A good knowledge of basic health care and hygiene standards
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to the job, the client and their families